Medical Device Services
It is imperative to engage a testing company with expertise in regulatory compliance and contamination control. ALG’s reusable medical device testing facilities are U.S. FDA-regulated to meet all GLP standards (21 CFR Part 58). Our single-use medical device testing facilities comply with cGMP standards.
All test labs GLP/GMP compliant
Reusable Medical Device Tests (GLP Compliant)
Reusable Medical Device Validation
- Sterilization (Steam)
- Dry Time
- Disinfection (Low Level, Intermediate Level, High Level)
- Manual and Automated Cleaning (With Quantitative Endpoints – Protein, Hemoglobin, Carbohydrate)
Whether validating the Instructions for Use (IFU) already developed or helping to create one with our guidance, Analytical Lab Group will develop a separate testing protocol for each processing category that is agreed upon by both parties.
If the reprocessing parameters are not ready for validation our experience and knowledge give us the ability to help test parameters in a non-regulatory, R&D setting. Using a variety of detergents, disinfectants and processing parameters ALG can assist in finalizing a set of reprocessing instructions that can then go to the validation phase.
Single-use Medical Device Tests (GLP/GMP Compliant)
USP <61><62> Suitability Tests (accordion title)
- USP <61> <62> Suitability Tests (Methods Validation) Price Includes Complete Suitability Test including Total Aerobic Microbial Count (TAMC) and Total Yeast and Mold Count (TYMC) and 4 Pathogens
- Validation of the test method per product for USP <61> <62> includes growth promoted media for bacteria, yeast and mold, calibrated pipettes and balances and ATCC cultures. Each dilution is considered a sample. Products tested with and without neutralizers are considered separate samples.
USP <61><62> Product Testing
- USP <61> <62> Product Testing (TAMC, TYMC Specified Microorganisms for 4 pathogens)
- Test to determine total number of bacteria, yeast and mold in product including low limit detection of objectionable organisms.
Growth Promotion Testing of Plates USP <61<62>
- Growth promotion of testing of media in accordance with USP <61> <62>.
- I.D. of Microorganisms to Genus and Species
- Genus ID
- Gram Stain
- Colony Morphology
- Identification of microorganisms. Includes microscopy, staining, morphology, biochemical tests, metabolic profiles to determine microbial ID for bacteria, yeast and mold. Utilizes validated Vitek 2 automated ID system.
Current USP <51> Preservative Effectiveness Test/EP 5.1.3
- Efficacy of Antimicrobial Preservation Includes 5 USP Challenge Organisms
- Determines efficacy of product/preservative systems with direct inoculation of microbial challenge organisms. Includes
- duplicate plating per USP <51> effective date October 2015.
USP <51> Suitability Test (Neutralizer Validation)
- Includes duplicate plating and expanded neutralizer validation per USP <51> effective date October 2015.
Bacterial Water Analysis
- Bacterial Water Analysis (Total Bacterial Count, Total Gram Negative Count, Presence of Coliforms)
- Includes heterotrophic plate count, total gram negative count, presence of coliforms. Samples tested at multiple volumes (1ml, 10ml, 100ml) are considered separate samples.
Bacterial Endotoxin Test for Water Samples USP <85>
- Bacterial Endotoxin Test for Water Samples USP <85> Gel Clot Method
- Detects and quantifies endotoxins in water samples from RODI/WFI systems.
USP <1112> Water Activity Testing (Aw)
- USP <1112> Water Activity Testing (Aw) of Non-Sterile Pharmaceuticals (Solids/Oils/Creams)
- Application of water activity for determination of potential microbial growth proliferation.
Bioburden Recovery Factor for Medical Devices
- Bioburden validation to determine recovery factor for medical device compliance to sterilization validation.
- Test to determine total number of bacteria, yeast and mold in product.
Current USP <71> Growth Promotion Test
- Growth promotion testing of broths.
Current USP <71> Sterility Suitability Test
- Current USP <71> Sterility Suitability Test (Required to be Performed One Time on Each Formulation) (B+F Test)
- Validation of the test method per product for USP <71> sterility testing.
Current USP <71> Membrane Filtration Sterility
- Current USP <71> Membrane Filtration Sterility – Aqueous Solutions
- For large volume parenteral solutions (LVP), call for quote
- Test for sterility of the sample, includes growth promoted media, validated equipment and both negative and positive controls.
- Sample volume and sample quantity are per USP <71> Table 2 and Table 3.
Current USP <71> Direct Transfer Sterility Test
- For large devices – call for quote
- Test for sterility of the sample, includes growth promoted media, validated equipment. Sample volume and sample quantity
- are per USP <71> Table 2 and Table 3.
AAMI Sterility Suitability
- Validation of the test method
- Test for sterility of the sample, includes growth promoted media and validated equipment.
USP <85> Bacterial Endotoxin Validation Test
- USP <85> Bacterial Endotoxin Test Validation Gel Clot Method
- Validation of the test method per product for USP <85> endotoxin testing using gel clot method. Determines which dilution of product to carry out USP <85> inhibition/enhancement test.
USP <85> Bacterial Endotoxin Test of Product
- Detects and quantifies endotoxins from gram negative bacteria in product.
- Note: required endotoxin limit to be provided by client, and NIC to be performed
USP <85> Endotoxin Challenge Vials (ECV)
- ECVs are used to determine endotoxin control in depyrogenation validation studies.
- Determines cleanliness of manufacturing areas, production rooms and cleanrooms. Includes growth promoted media for bacteria, yeast and mold. Includes validated incubation, laboratory analysis, colony counts, genus id and final reports.
Sterility Testing of Biological Indicators
- Verifies microbial lethality of sterilization methods (steam sterilization, EO gas, etc.)
Biological Indicator (BI) Population Verification
- Biological Indicator (BI) Population Verification (3 BIs Required)
- Purity Testing
- Verifies accuracy and purity of manufacturer’s label claim for spore populations.